This report http://www.researchmoz.us/the-global-military-ammunition-market-2013-2023-report.html is the result of SDI's extensive market and company research covering the global military ammunition industry. It provides detailed analysis of both historic and forecast global industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of the leading companies in the industry, and key news.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
“The Global Military AmmunitionMarket 2013-2023” offers the reader detailed analysis of the global military ammunitionmarket over the next ten years, alongside potential market opportunities to enter the industry, using detailed market size forecasts.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Numerous countries in the world are currently involved in conflicts with their neighboring nations owing to reasons such as territorial disputes and terrorism. This situation is most commonly evident in the Asia Pacific region due to the rapid economic and military development among countries such as China, India, Japan, South Korea and North Korea among others. All the above mentioned countries are making rapid efforts in order to strengthen their military forces in order to be battle ready and thus involved in an arms race. And, battle readiness demands possessing adequate ammunition of various kinds including small caliber, artillery, mortar, large caliber and medium caliber. For example, India and Pakistan share tense relations owing to the territorial disputes between each other, as well as cross-border terrorism. The countries' militaries are involved in frequent cross-border firing despite their ceasefire agreement signed a decade ago. China and South Korea too share hostile relations owing to the Chinese government's intentions to reunite both the countries which are strongly opposed by the latter nation. Thus, South Korea is also making significant efforts in order to defend the Chinese military power when needed, though with the support of its allies such as the US.
Related Reports Of Defense And Security :
Defense Business Confidence Report Q4 2013
The Global Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft Market 2013-2023 - Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights: Market Profile
“Defense Business Confidence Report Q4 2013” is a new report by Strategic Defence Intelligence that globally analyzes industry opinions on the latest economic and customer issues, and their impact upon investment decisions and growth prospects within the defense industry. This report also examines executive opinion about the current and future state of economy and its retrospective effect on the industry. Furthermore, it analyzes the likely effect of supplier price changes, sales performance, and staff headcount within the industry over the next six months. In addition, it provides an overview of the key priorities, threats, and opportunities for the global defense industry over the next six months.
The report provides a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape of the Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft market. It provides an overview of key Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft companies catering to the Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft sector, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.The global military aircraft market is highly competitive, with large numbers of suppliers around the globe. Within the global military aircraft market, the US is the leading defense spender and has well-developed domestic aircraft industry, which allow them to be self-reliant. The economic crisis resulted in defense budget cuts, mainly in European and North American countries, and has resulted in the cancellation of some military aircraft programs such as F-22 Raptor.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
“The Global Military Ammunition Market 2013-2023” provides detailed analysis of the current industry size and growth expectations from 2013 to 2023, including highlights of key growth stimulators. It also benchmarks the industry against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
Key Features and Benefits
- The report provides detailed analysis of the market for military ammunitionduring 2013-2023, including the factors that influence why countries are investing or cutting expenditure on military ammunition. It provides detailed expectations of growth rates and projected total expenditure.
- The global ammunition industry is expected to witness a steady rise in the number of joint ventures and strategic alliances during the forecast period, due to the insufficient indigenous manufacturing capabilities of numerous countries such as the US, India, and Brazil. These countries are dependent on foreign ammunition manufacturers in order to meet demand and develop indigenous ammunition manufacturing capabilities. Some recent notable joint ventures are mentioned below:
- By the end of 2013, Russia and India are expected to establish a joint venture to manufacture ammunition for the Smerch multiple launch rocket system in India. The Russian firms Rosoboronexport and OAO NPO Splav are expected to form a joint venture with the artillery production department of the Indian defense ministry in order to produce, as well as provide after sales support to, the specified ammunition in India.
- In April 2012, General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems and Rheinmetall Defense announced the formation ofa joint venture called Defense Munitions International, LLC in order to develop and market the new and existing kinetic energy and multi-purpose cartridges,which are elements of tank ammunition. The JV intends to market these products in the US as well as international markets.
- In January 2012, BAE Systems and Olin Winchester announced that they have formed a joint venture called US Munitions, LLC in the US. The joint venture was formed with an aim to undertake the contract awarded by the US DoD to manage, operate and maintain its Lake City Army Ammunition Plant till 2022. The contract is worth US$8.4 billion.